Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio Door Hanger Challenge


To celebrate Michelle Perkett reaching 300 members on her site at Paper Craft Planet, Lynne has organised a door hanger challenge.  To play along, or view all the lovely creations, you can visit Lynne's site here.  (There are also details on Lynne's site for a door hanger tutorial.)

This is my creation using Lynne's template.  I have created a pattern to cut on my Robo, layering several layers of white cardstock.  I also made an inner mat, which I have cut in a wedding print paper.


I have used Michelle's glorious digital image "Amore Fairy".  With Michelle's permission I have printed her without her wings.  She makes a stunning bride!

Here is a close up of Amore:-


Amore has been laser printed on watercolour paper & coloured with stamp pad inks & an aquapainter.  I have added glitter to her hair & the roses.  Sorry but I can never get that to show in my photographs!  :(

Her lips have been clear embossed & she is lifted up on dimensionals.  I have gathered a fine tulle veil behind her floral headpiece.  I also cut out a reverse stencil of her dress, masking her up, so that I could spray her dress with pearl glimmer mist.  Now it looks like shimmery organza (honest, it does).  I even gave her a pearl earring.  :)

Congratulations to Michelle for reaching this milestone & for her beautiful images.  Thank you also to Lynne for organising such a fun challenge & for supplying the template & tutorial as well.  :)

I made the hanger for the bridal/deb shop where we purchased my daughter's deb dress.  They were soooo helpful (good old fashioned service).  I am going to send it with a thank you card & a photo after her ball next week.

Door Hanger Components
Cardstock:  CM White, Watercolour Paper
Paper:  Sullivans Wedding Collection
Stamp Sets:  Michelle Perkett's Digital Stamp "Amore Fairy"
Inks:  Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Real Rust, More Mustard, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, Pale Plum (whew, I think that's all!)
Other:  Glimmer Mist, Spica Glitter Pen, Half Pearl, Tulle, Dimensional Adhesive, Clear Embossing Powder, Satin Ribbon