Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #74 - Inlaid Embossing with Die-Cut Letters

Back again for another challenge!


When I first saw this week's colours I was rather stumped....  All that came to mind was flowers using the white, melon & olive, but I didn't want to do that!

So I headed off on a completely different tangent & created this:-


I recently had a play with the inlaid embossing technique, using lots of circles, but I thought "what if I try using letters?"....  I was super duper pleased with how this technique worked out.  :)

Here is the name panel before embossing:-


 & here it is after it was cranked through the Big Shot:-


What a difference!!!  :)

The rest of the card is pretty simple as I wanted to keep the embossed panel centre stage.  The tag has been created using the word window, jewellery & 1" square punches (see my post here for a step by step tute).  The embossed panel has been layered onto a grey mat & then onto an olive panel.  The melon card has been versamark stamped with the vine pattern from the Elements of Style set.  BTW I still added a flower, lol!

As a shout out to my teamie, Brandi, *waving madly* who creates awesome hand-drawn borders, I added a border to the inside panel.  I definitely think I need to leave that job to Brandi, lol!


Here are the links so you can see what the rest of the Team came up with.  Hope you can play along with us this week.
Inkspirations Challenges Site Makeesha Brandi Carrie Cindy Helen Ilina Kirsty Lee-Anne Marisa Renée
Card Components (All SU unless noted)
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Basic Gray, Old Olive
DSP:  Brights 12x12 Patterns plus retired DSP
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Heard from the Heart, Elements of Style
Inks:  Versamark, Melon Mambo, Basic Gray, Old Olive Marker
Other:  Olive Button, Jewellery Tag Punch, 1" Square Punch, Word Window Punch, Olive Brad, Lattice Embossing Folder
Non SU:  Embroidery Floss, letters die-cut on Robo