Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dynamic Duos Challenge #2 - Butterfly Frame

It's the second week of challenges at the new Dynamic Duos site, & the colours are soft & romantic.  Here's my card:-


& here are the Challenge colours (you can click on the graphic to go straight to the challenge):-


First I had the idea of an oval frame, but I found it much easier to get a nice even spacing in a circular shape.  I actually used a nestie die to butt the butterfly bottoms up to, to keep my frame nice & round.  Now I've made up the frame in colour, I would love to try one in all white.  Here's a close up so you can see the dimension of the cute little butterflies:-


I don't seem to have many large sentiments (might have to go shopping, lol), so this cling one from Kaiser had to do.

Please make sure you go & check out the awesome samples from the DT & all the gorgeous entries in the gallery!  

Card Components:  SU except as noted
Cardstock:  Whisper White Textured, Pool Party, So Saffron
Inks:  Pool Party
Other:  Beautiful Wings Sizzlet Die, Basic Jewels - Pearls, Mini Glue Dots
Non SU:  Kaiser sentiment stamp, Circular Nestibility Die (for butterfly placement)

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

What a cool card and cool technique.

Paige said...

What a sweet card! Love the ring of alternating colors of butterflies. And the pearls, so sweet! so happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Anni said...

Wow, a butterfly frame - what an inspiring idea! And the clean and simple background makes the frame pop! Great work!
Thanks for joining us over at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Helen! Love that butterfly frame and all the pretty pearls. THanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous Helen! How creative is that? Love it! Thanks' for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Kim S said...

What a wonderfully creative idea! It's lovely!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card! What a great idea, love the added bling. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos.

Melissa said...

What a fabulous way to create a frame with those sweet butterflies! Love all the pearls! :) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Paula said...

I can feel another CASE coming on Helen - those butterflies as a frame is simply inspired ♥

Lisa said...

What a sweet circle of butterflies, pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Christine Blain said...

Yet another super-Helen idea that I love! How on earth you have the patience to calculate what sized circle you need, to fit all those butterflies around perfectly, is beyond me! Very, very sweet result, though - I love it!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! This is amazing! DARN IT!!!! Now I have NO CHANCE of winning!!! How do we compete with something so unique as this card??? What a wonderful idea! Do you realise ... the last two wins you have had a JAI were at my expense??? (I had two 'honourable mentions' for the same challenges!!! Seriously ... I am thrilled for you ... and I bet this is a winner for DD! Hugs xxx
PS ... into my 'to CASE' file!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Ok .. seriously clever! Just love the butterfly frame. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos.

Suzie said...

Helen.... Magnificent...There is only one word!!! What a fantastic idea TFS!!

Lynne Armstrong said...

LOL Told you you are brilliant Helen...and see, everyone agrees with me :) This is a beautiful card and the butterfly frame is simply ingenious! Love it
Hugs xx

Suzie said...

This is SUCH an adorable card ... I am a butterfly lover and this caught my eye on Pinterest! Thank you so much! Is this a 4 ¼ x 5 ½ card? or a square card? Thanks so much!